The Least Exciting Space - Hallway
With three entire days of uninterrupted work time in July, you'd think I'd have moved mountains or learned the plumbing trade, but instead I finished the hallway.
There was a nice vacant spacet behind a wall that needed opening, reframing, and finishing to make a linen/vacuum cleaner storage closet.
I also needed to create a door frame leading into the bedroom, hang the door, put up a 1/4 mile of ceiling trim, figure out the baseboards, blah, blah, blah.
It was so much work for very little visible progress.
TOTAL COST OF PROJECT: $76
- Bedroom door frame - $20
- Bedroom door - FREECYCLE
- Trim for ceiling, baseboards, etc. - $40
- Paint - FREECYCLE
- Mirror - FREECYCLE
- Linen closet shelves, brackets, door, and decor - $0
- Linen closet hinges - $10
- Extra-long screws to put the light fixture & smoke detector (not yet complete) back up on the ceiling - $6
- Nail gun nails - $3
- Vacuum cleaner - FREECYCLE